Monday, January 10, 2011

Gym Flail

Ever find that you are just not feeling it?


I went to the gym today and I did 3.5 minutes on the treadmill. I hated it. I went and did 15 minutes on the rowing machine. It was ok. But boring.

Then I got on the eliptical. There, I lasted 2.5 minutes because I took off in disgust for the "quiet room" to stretch out and lift some weights. That went ok until some geezer came in and saturated the room with.... smell of old geezer.

I decided there was only one thing to do: change into my swim suit and kick back and forth across the pool until I felt properly 'worked out'.

Thank heavens that worked. The 20 minutes in the hot tub went really well, too.

Ever have one of those days where nothing seems to light your fire?


Tell me about it.

1 comment:

  1. GIRL. I have those days too often! Some days you're like moving to the beat on the machines and the next day, you feel like youve been on for hours and you look and it has been 5 minutes. I then proceed to fight with myself about whether i am simply bored or just lazy. eventually, i change to weights or something more versatile. i wish my gym had a pool because i'd be there everyday! kudos for you for finding what worked. But don't worry, we ALL have those days!

    ReplyDelete